Monday, August 22, 2011

The Many Uses of Vinegar


There are certain products that you can use for just about anything! Vinegar is one of those things. Most often I find that it is "white distilled" or "apple cider" that are the most user friendly. So I will focus on those 2. There are so many things you can use these products for but these are just a couple I have found so far...

1) CLEANING. I love, love vinegar for cleaning. It is a non-toxic disinfectant. I use 1 part white vinegar and 3 parts water for an all purpose cleaner. Great for counter tops, mirrors/glass, wood surfaces, and shining up stainless steel(including sink fixtures).

2) FOR YOUR HEALTH. You can use (organic) apple cider vinegar to boost your immune system. Drink a little a day and keep your body well cleansed and help prevent sickness.

3) PAINTING YOUR NAILS. This is a new one I just found! Put a little white vinegar on your nails before you paint them to help the polish adhere better.

4) CATCHING FRUIT FLIES. Those dumb bugs love this stuff... especially ACV. put a little in a shallow dish and I bet a couple fruit flies will be floating dead in there the next day. For best results use plastic wrap with some holes to cover the dish.

5) WARTS. I guess if you soak a wart (ACV more effective but you can also use white) a couple times a day for a few minutes -for a few weeks- you can clear up warts.


I could go on but I will leave it at that! Please share any more interesting uses.

1 comment:

  1. I just found out vinegar can soothe excema and psoriasis!

    ReplyDelete